This fits your .
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Shimano pedaling dynamics - spd performs whether you're on or off the bike; makes pedaling more efficient with a wide variety of shoe and pedal styles; and the recess cleat makes walking more comfortable
- Innovative - by eliminating toe-clips and integrating the pedal and outsole into a single; unified power transfer system; shimano changed the industry
- Incredible performance - spd not only boosting power to the pedal; but also the rider's control over increasingly adventurous styles of riding
- Better control - you can pedal with greater efficiency; stability and comfort with the spd system
- Superior mud-shedding design - an open binding design allows mud and debris to be flushed out when the rider steps in
- Pedal system: SPD
- SPD cleat surfaces: Both surfaces
- Spindle material: Chromoly
- Spindle thread: BC 9/16 inches x 20 TPI
- Cartridge spindle: Yes
- Cleat retention indicator: Yes
- Cleat retention adjuster: Yes
- Pedal body material: Aluminum/barrel finish
- Cage material: Aluminum
- Average weight: 1.04 pounds (pair)
Capable - wide enough gear ratio and good gear step optimized for from steep climb to fast decent. keep pedaling in efficient front driving gear with wider range cassette for riding up and down through trails. low gear option for wide tire trend (27.5 plus) and women and youth. efficient - smooth shifting of front and rear in rhythm in order to maintain speed and acceleration in change of terrain. less loss of pedaling power by rigid structure with easy and effortless shifting operation. confident - predictable; stable and durable brake with sleek style. reliable front shifting even when the rear suspension moves. improved stability and chain retention of drivetrain in rough terrain.
Shimano's recessed cleat and clipless pedal technology, called SPD, revolutionized the cycling shoe/pedal interface. Since then, decades of legendary "in the dirt" dependability, reliability, and sheer endurance have made SPD the world's go-to pedal technology. Shimano's PD-M424 clipless pedals continue the SPD tradition. Each pedal is designed for easy clip-in and extra stability, with a spring-loaded platform that automatically position the pedal at the perfect angle for clipping in. All the rider has to do is put a foot on the pedal and push down. The intuitive operation makes this pedal particularly well suited to city riders that need to clip in and out at a moment's notice, along with aggressive mountain bike riders tackling technical terrain. The platform also offers greater stability than other pedals, and can be ridden without special shoes for impromptu jaunts to the grocery store. The pedals come with a single pair of two-bolt SPD cleats.
In 1961, a three-speed bicycle hub was displayed at the New York Toy Show. The hub--an affordable and reliable version of the multi-speed hubs growing in popularity at the time--caught the attention of the industry. So much so that by 1965, Yoshizo Shimano--the youngest son of the company founder in Japan--opened an office in New York. Shimano's goal was to get quicker product feedback and to provide technical and warranty assistance to retailers selling bikes equipped with Shimano parts. Though Shimano American has grown from that first modest office staffed by only three people to a full distribution center with sales and marketing offices, its goals are the same: listen to customers and meet their needs for both bicycle and fishing products.
SHIMANO PD-M424 SPD Pedal 9 16-Inch Black Silver B000F5EG50